Promotion and Tenure, Progress Toward Tenure Review, Post-Tenure Review Information
In the Overview Document (doc) you will find a description of the procedures related to P&T, PTTR, and PTR.
The reader is cautioned to consult the authoritative sources cited in the Overview Document (doc) for up-to-date information. Questions should be directed to the reader's supervisor, mentor, and/or the Libraries’ Human Resources (HR) Director.
All of links cited in the Overview Document (doc) appear below:
- Faculty Senate Rules & Regulations (FSRR), and, in particular, Article VI.
- Library Faculty and Professionals Assembly (LFPA) Code of Governance (pdf)
- The relevant guidelines found on the Provost's website.
- Electronic Submission Guidelines for Promotion & Tenure Materials (doc)
- Promotion & Tenure Calendar 2014-2015
- Sabbatical Leave Calendar 2014
- Progress Toward Tenure Review (PTTR) Calendar 2014-2015
- Post-Tenure Review (PTR) Calendar 2014-2015
- Criteria for Academic Ranks of Librarians (pdf).
- Discipline Expectations for Library Faculty at KU (pdf).
- List of institutions with associated professional status of academic librarians. The list is on a blog and may at least provide some useful status information when identifying external reviewers.
- UCPT suggestions sent to Dean’s Council April 2012 (doc).
- Notes from the Provost’s Promotion & Tenure open meeting, May 5, 2014