- AskART: The Artists Bluebook AskART is an online database listing over 52,000 American artists from the early 16th-century through the present. Criteria for artist inclusion are that the artist was born in the United States, spent a significant part of his/her career here, or, although briefly in residence, created work of ongoing historical interest to Americans. Includes extensive biographical information about American artists as well as book and periodical references, auction records and images. Over 5,000 Museums and dealers that specialize in American artists are also referenced. Access to some content may require a KU login.
- Auction Guide An Internet directory to links for worldwide auctions and auctioneers of all kinds of products from livestock to real estate to art. The art section includes the subcategories of antiques, modern, paintings, sculpture, and stoneware.
- Christie's One of the most respected art auction houses in the world, this website allows the researcher to search their calendar for upcoming and past auctions (back to 1998), and offers advice on buying, selling, and appraisal of artworks.
- Dorotheum The Dorotheum is the largest auction house of German-speaking Europe, and one of the leading institutions of its kind anywhere in the world. An auction calendar, catalogues, and results are all available online.
- icollector.com iCollector was one of the first companies dedicated to trading antiques, fine art and premium collectibles on the Internet but now works with auction houses to support broadcasting auctions live on eBay Live Auctions. Includes a calendar of online auctions that is searchable by date, by auction house name, or by category of items to be auctioned.
- Sotheby's Renowned auction house with locations worldwide, this website offers an auction calendar, online catalogues for upcoming sales, sale results, and links to specialist departments. By registering with Sotheby's you can access additional features such as the archived catalogues.
- Sotheby's Sold Lot Archive Database that extends from 1998 with images, where permitted by copyright, from 2001. Searching is available by keyword, creator, title/name, hammer price, sale date, provenance, auction location, sale title, sale number, lot number, or department. Search of upcoming lots also available.